Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring...PULEEEZ!

Did you like that? Hope so. That's my 4-year-old-self pleading with the weather (Ahem, God), to change to spring. But, I don't think that's happening any time soon, seeing as how there is more snow scheduled to fall this week. A girl can wish though, right?

We really wished to see some sign of spring this weekend, and got it! The kids participated in Kids in the Garden at our local garden store. They have kids free Saturdays the first Saturday of every month. This month they were planting! Hooray! They did just what I was ready to buy. So, thanks for that!

First they had to pick what they were going to put on the outside of their pot. Both picked some sticky things to put on as well as some drawings they made.
Then it was on to the dirt. It smelled sooo good! Is that weird? Well, it did.

Step three was planting the bulbs. There were five to plant, and as A reminded me, "Mommy, just put it in and twist it two times." She followed directions!
Then they added a bit of wheat seeds to the top of the dirt-to add a bit of greenery for the top of the dirt, I suppose.
Finally they added water.
All in all it was a great day for planting and they loved every step along the way! The best part for me was on the way home when I heard A say, "Mommy, I just can't wait until we can plant a real garden in the summer." Me too, Honey, me too!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day! We got over two feet of snow Monday and Tuesday so it won't look like spring here for a while, but I can't wait to get outside in the garden.

    I do think that the time of day you post has something to do with the number of comments you receive. The people who post first thing always have a ton of comments, and the people who post later get less. Did you participate last year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Refreshing read. I liked your comment of dirt smelling good. I totally agree. Spring needs to come soon. At least more sunshine would help. Your kids are adorable. Happy blogging. :)MaryHelen

    ReplyDelete