Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Last Day

No, not the last day ever of me blogging. But the last day of my writing challenge for the month of March. Yes, I did it! I missed only 3 days, I think, which I'm pretty excited about. When I took the challenge, I wasn't sure about it. I thought about my writing and how I had been blogging prior to this month. I tried to make it perfect with the perfect words and picture to go with them. Through this month, though, I've learned to appreciate the little moments. I've learned to write down the small moments in life. Funny...that's what I teach my kids to do! I should learn from my own modeling, right? Right.

I think this month has changed me for the better. Both as a writer and as a mom and as a ___ (fill in the blank with whatever other title I have in my life). As a result, I hope I can continue to have the same attitude. Perhaps I'll write 5 of 7 days or maybe more. I'm not sure yet. What I do know is that I will write whatever I can whenever I can. And I'll hope that someone is reading and that (hopefully) they like it, care about it or laugh at what I've written. That's all a writer can hope for, right?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like this was a powerful experience for you too--it sure was for me! I do hope you continue writing often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad this has been a good experience for you. Yes, that's what a writer can hope for. And the side benefit is we get to keep these moments forever. Thanks for slicing with us. Hope to "see" you on Tuesdays,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you took the risk. I was scared too. I'm still a little hesitant sometimes but I am working at it.

    ReplyDelete