Wednesday, December 14, 2011

On the second day of writing...songs!

There were songs to sing! You sing, don't you? I do. Not when anyone is really around. Just my family. And in the car. I sing then too. My favorite songs to sing? Christmas songs. That's because they're not too long, you can understand them and there is a lot of repetition. Makes them easy!

Our kids got a chance to sing tonight. If you read this, then you know they're in choir at church. Tonight they had a chance to go to the nursing home that was very close to church. I went along to hear them because I have fond memories of singing there too.

They sang many of the ones we know-Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Joy to the World and Jingle Bells. The song they saved for the end-and the one all of the kids seemed to know the best-was Go Tell it on the Mountain. Loved it!

I like the not-so-classic classics too: Suzy Snowflake, I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. Hearing the kids sing those are pretty funny! Christmas music is played through our house and in our car starting the day after Thanksgiving. We love listening to the carols and sing along all together. It really is "the most wonderful time of the year!"

No comments:

Post a Comment