Monday, December 19, 2011

On the fourth day of writing...cookies!

(If you missed day 1, 2 or 3, take a peek!)

Lots of cookies. Chocolate cookies. Sugar cookies. Cookies that look perfect. Cookies made with love. 7 layer bars. Kiss cookies. Lots and lots of cookies!

We love cookies around our house. As a kid I remember my mom making spritz cookies. I can even hear the Wrrrrr of the spritz maker, spouting out the cookies, one after another, and pretty quick at that! There were red, green and yellow ones we used to make. I also remember adding the decorations to the top of the cookies. My favorites to add were the little silver beads. I'm not sure why, but I think I liked the shiny look of them. Sprinkles and red hots were added to the spritz cookies too. I haven't made them with my mom in a while. Now it's for ease of what keeps the attention of 2 five year olds!

This year the kids and I have made cookies with both of the Mammas. The first round consisted of chocolate kiss cookies,
7 layer bars, some cocoa cookies covered in powdered sugar (I don't know the name of them), sugar cookies
and gingerbread cookies.
The second round
had cream cheese sugar cookies
and Oreo truffles.
Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is...I might just have to get some treats as I'm writing this!

I love baking this time of year. The smells and the traditions continued are some of my favorites. I hope it's a tradition we keep as our kids grow up. Now where are those cookies...

11 comments:

  1. Wow - that is a ton of cookies. My house was like that on Thursday, a ridiculous amount of baking. Enjoy the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! They all look scrumptious! I am making some cookies with my granddaughter tomorrow! She's only 2 1/2, so I'm going to introduce her to the how to stir, & that's probably about it. What a great time it looks like you're having, & those oreo truffles will go quickly I bet. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great memories you are making. The cookies look scrumptious. MerryChristmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious post! Delicious memories! I think you should have linked some recipes here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have butter "warming" itself to room temperature right now since I have lots of cookies to bake today. I bring them to my doctor's office every year before Xmas for the office staff and nurses. While I usually bake from scratch an acquaintance I know gave me a great "recipe." Buy an oatmeal chocolate chip cookies mix, then put in 1 cup of Craisins and 1 cup of white chocolate chips. They're AMAZING! I ate the ones she made on Halloween and will bake them for the first time today. Give it a try. They're wonderful.
    Merry Christmas to you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That brings back lots of memories of baking Christmas cookies with my own children and with my mom. Now I bake cookies alone...but only for a couple more years! Gingersnaps today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I truly enjoyed your post. I am planning my cookie time for Friday evening. My daughter is inviting a neighbor to join us in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way the traditions from the past become the traditions of today. Merry Christmas, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many good times to recall baking cookies. This is the best of times with your kids, so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mouthwatering pictures! Fun and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Baking was always my favorite family activity - looks like it is yours too.

    ReplyDelete