Monday, December 26, 2011

On the fifth day of writing...ornaments!

I had good intentions this Christmas season of doing a "12 days of writing" sequence. I was inspired by the song, but, I fell a bit short-on time, motivation and...well, I guess that's it! There's always next year though. So here are 2 more I had written earlier, but had never taken the time to add pictures. Enjoy!
I love ornaments. Especially sparkly ones. And ornaments from when I was little. And ornaments from when the kids were babies. I love ornaments!

As we get the ornaments out to decorate the tree, I'm reminded of where we got the ornaments or what they stand for. Like these...
These are from Grandma and Grandpa Bandow from Christmas in 1995.
I love these because it feels like there's a little part of them with me at Christmas.

The fabric ones with sequins on them are from my Aunt Jean.
She made one every year for the first 4 years of my life (I think).
I love that she put my name and the year on the back. Those are my favorites. The kids were cute this year because they would look at them and say, "Mommy, this one is yours. You can put it on the tree."

These are my favorite newer ornaments.
I love these because they reflect the light coming from the tree.
Ornaments hold a special meaning for everyone. They mark special dates, special years, firsts and many other things. Every year I am reminded of these things as we decorate our tree. What special ornaments do you have on your tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment