Monday, January 18, 2010

Boys will be like their Daddy


One of my favorite parts about having kids-and having 3 year olds (at this point)-is hearing the things that they have to say. Most times they say "normal" things that go with the flow of conversation-things I would expect a 3 year old to say. It's quite fun to talk with them at this point because they really can engage in a full on conversation about almost anything.

Well, this weekend there were a few funny things C had to say. I think Daddy * was on his mind.

*Note-J was out of town this weekend for a long weekend with the boys.

"Mommy! I had an accident (going to the bathroom)!"
"Really?!" (this hasn't happened in a long time)
"Come see!"
"Oh buddy, what were you trying to do?"
"I was trying to go potty like Daddy!" Boys will be like their Daddy...

...I'm sure you can imagine the little mess we had in the bathroom. My understanding from talking with other moms of boys is to hold of on "trying to go potty like Daddy" for as long as you can. Less of a mess-for the most part.

I'll set the scene for this next one-leaving church; walking on the VERY icy parking lot; discussion starts out about ice skating:

"Mommy, when I'm big like Daddy, that's when I'm going to go ice skating."
"Ok, sounds good buddy!"
"Mommy, when I'm big like Daddy, I'm gonna use a hammer and hammer things."
"Uh huh."
"Mommy, when I'm big like Daddy, I'm gonna use a screw driver and screw things."
"Ok."
"Mommy, when I'm big like Daddy, I'm gonna change the batteries and fix things so they work."
"Wow! That's a lot of things you're going to do like Daddy!"
"I know! I'm gonna be a Daddy like Daddy some day!"

Boys will definitely be like their Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment