Wednesday, October 19, 2011

16 years ago

What was your first kiss like? No, not your first kiss when you were in fourth grade (I remember that one too). I mean your first kiss with your forever one. Like J. It was 16 years ago today that we had our first kiss. It was one of those that I remember because I think we both wished it would have happened earlier. Both of us had gone to the Homecoming dance with someone else that year; J because he thought I would have said no, and me because I didn't have a date and went with a friend. Funny how we both thought similar things about each other.

How many of you are still with the same person you kissed 16 years ago? And those of you married for 16 years or more don't count. Sorry! I guess the question would be how many of you are with the same person you kissed when you were 16? It's a rarity. It's one of those things that people find out when we meet someone new: "So, how did you guys meet? College? Work?" "No, high school." "Oh, you went to high school together?" "Yeah, we've actually been together since high school." "Really?! That's a long time!" 

Yup. It's a long time. 

I think about it every year on October 19th. I'm glad we kissed. I'm even more happy about the fact that J picked me. When you think about how many other people he could have picked...

Here's to you, J, 16 years later. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment