Tuesday, August 21, 2012

More than half-way

Did you know I challenged myself at the beginning of the month? Well, I did. I challenged myself to write (at least) a 6-word story every single day in August. I think I've hit every day except two. Pretty good, right?! Please say right. Thanks.

Writing does things for me that working out does for other people. It's like a release. I get to quickly type out my thoughts, usually then publishing them right away. I'm not the type of writer who hims and haws at what I've written, wondering what I could/would/should change. Nope. I'm not that type of writer.

I'm the kind that can hardly wait to get my thoughts out before I forget what it was that I wanted to write about. I've even been known to text/email friends about the post, crossing my fingers that they'll get back to me by the time I'm to the end so I can add in whatever it was I forgot. See, there are others that write, edit, write some more, make sure everything is perfect, maybe edit some more again, and THEN publish. Not me.

Writing is a sprint. A thoughtful sprint. I suppose I do my pre-writing as the day goes on or as I'm in the moment. Like the post about our bike ride on Friday...I did my pre-"writing" as I was riding my bike, following my family, taking pictures as we went, thinking in my head about what pictures I needed so I could do the writing I wanted. Everyone has their own way-that's mine!

If you've been following along for the month, thank you! If you haven't, you have a month full of 6 word stories (or more) to catch up on! I hope I can finish my challenge...stick with me to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment