Tuesday, July 31, 2012

6 word stories

I'm challenging myself. 6 word stories, every day in August. They may be current events that have happened that day. They could be stories about what's on my mind. They might be stories about things I have forgotten to write about. Of course pictures will included (when possible) to help tell the story.

I'm going to try to write more than just those 6 words. I think about that and how it would really limit me in my writing. So after thinking about it for all of about 30 seconds, I have decided that the challenge is really to write every day-knowing 6 words isn't a lot to come up with-but I've also decided that it will hopefully help me write more! Kind of reminds me of some of these SOLSC posts from March!

What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great way to get into the habit of daily writing. The SOLSC writing in March helps me to get started on daily writing. But, then I always struggle with the end of the year closing of the classroom stuff. Good luck! Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done the six words stories before. I'm intrigued. I'll look forward to reading your six (or more) word stories next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the challenge. Sometimes less is more and capturing a moment or a feeling in six words can be a limiting challenge! Great idea -- I may have to try it on my daughters' blog. I'm always trying, trying, trying to write snippets of life, but with only 6 words? Maybe it's doable!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is very cool. xo nanc PS 6 words only !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great challenge - 6 will be ok, but more will probably happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Six word stories. Hmmm. Those might be perfect for August, when school is starting and the pace of life is crazy busy. Can't wait to read a few of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Day one is complete! Hooray! Thanks for commenting, everyone...

    ReplyDelete