Friday, April 15, 2011

a letter from your (sometimes) frustrated mommy

Dear A & C,
This morning I wasn't the best mommy for you. I got frustrated when you couldn't find your gloves. I got frustrated when you couldn't find your hat. Then A, I left your lunch on the counter. I got a little upset even though sometimes things like this happen. I'm sorry.

Sometimes it's hard to be a mommy. Sometimes I don't plan as much as I should. Sometimes things don't go the way I want them to (ahem...type A personality) go. I need to be more patient with you and remind myself that you're only 4. Sometimes it seems like you're 6 already. But you're not. Just 4.

You do a lot of things for being 4 years old! You know how to pick out your own clothes, get ready for the day, eat your breakfast and put your dishes on the counter. I know that's a lot for a 4 year old. You're already so grown up-I really shouldn't rush you any more. But sometimes I do, and I'm sorry.

I will try to look at you with Mommy eyes, no matter the situation. Yes, there are times when you won't listen and I will still get frustrated. But again, you're only 4. I hope that when you get older you'll know that I loved you so much when you were little and I will always love you-even when we have mornings that don't go the way I expect them to go.

I love you...
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment