Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Funny Valentine


Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays. I know. I know. It's a "Hallmark" holiday. But I still like it! J and I have always done something for each other on Valentine's Day. Flowers, a picture, dinner, dessert (cake from Wuollet's!)...you know, the normal things. This year was no different!
Well, maybe a little different with kids. No, J and I did not get each other a furry monkey for Valentine's Day. Those would be for the kiddos. I loved them immediately because they reminded me of the monkeys I had as a kid-the one with velcro on the hands. A & C loved them too.
Valentine's Day was also crazy hair day at school. Smart! The kids are wound up anyway-why not have crazy hair, too?! We celebrated this day by taking the kids to the mall to go on some rides. J and I knew we wouldn't get out, just the two of us, for dinner, so we embraced the day with the kids and had fun!
 Crash!
 The log ride is a favorite for all of us. Luckily, even with switching positions, no one got too wet.
Being that it was a Tuesday-Toddler Tuesday-kids eat free at many places in the mall. We ended up with a very nice dinner at Tucci Bennuch!
To most, this day is just another day. It is, really, but opening valentines with the kids at home and hearing them read the cards from their friends is so much fun! They get excited and love seeing what their friends pick out for them. Truthfully...I like seeing what they get too! It really is just another day, but another day of saying, "I love you," and spending time with the ones you love isn't a bad thing at all!


No comments:

Post a Comment