Monday, February 27, 2012

Can you sign me up?

If you've been around reading things lately, you know I'm a bit taken with my kids. Each in their own way. My son gets me with the things he says and the squeezes he gives me. He gets me with how he says goodnight to me and those big brown eyes he looks at me with. He got me again tonight with his sweetness.

I was in the kitchen and he walked up to me and said, "Mommy? Can you sign me up for a Francesco camp?"
"A what?"
"A Francesco camp. Or a Lightning McQueen camp?"
"Oh, buddy, I don't think they have a camp like that."
"You know, like when A got to go to a princess camp?"
"Well, I'll have to check on that."
"Ok, Mommy!"

So sweet that he thought about asking about something like that. In his head, he's thinking, "Well, my sister got to go to a camp where they talked all about princesses. So, why wouldn't there be something for me that is all about cars...which I love?!" I'll have to look into it, but I'm not sure where there would be something like that.

In the meantime, on an upcoming trip, C will have a chance to go on a real racetrack. The DAYTONA racetrack. The kids don't know we're going yet, but I can hardly wait to see the look on his face when we go to the speedway and he can see where the real race cars race!

2 comments:

  1. I think the speedway will win over any kind of camp. I hope you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your surprise will help his camp wishes a lot. What a great surprise.

    ReplyDelete