Sunday, July 24, 2011

Spinning

on a tire swing is not such a good idea for C. Did I tell you what happened? I don't think I did.

It was a beautiful day about 2 weeks back and we went to my school so the kids could play on the playground. They love the tire swings there and asked to be pushed. I did and found a way to spin them a bunch. We did it a few times before I heard, "Mommy, my tummy doesn't feel so good." I don't think I really heard him-it was one of those distant things you hear as a parent, but don't really hear. I should have listened.

The next thing I know, I have spun the kids so much that C throws up. Yes! Mommy of the Year Award, right here! We got him off the tire swing and J walked with him to sit down while I tracked down some clean clothes from the nurses office (thank goodness we were at my school!). He says to him, "Daddy, I can't believe I threw up on my "My Mom Rocks" shirt!" Too funny...it was a shirt that had guitars on it which he had picked out the night before. He was completely fine after we got him all set, and he ran off to play some more.

J and I have been talking about it a bit here and there as we a beginning to plan our Disney trip in more detail. Teacups? We're not too sure about that now! We're holding off on the spinning for now!

1 comment: