Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hanging out of Lockers

A few weeks ago I went to pick my kids up from school and I found these things hanging out of their lockers.
Blossom's ears
  Charlie Puppy's tail
Lockers are interesting things for 4 year olds to have. They don't really understand the hundreds of possibilities of things they could actually have inside their lockers! When I look inside the lockers of my kids at school there are pictures, shelves, mirrors, magnets, notepads, whiteboards...the list goes on and on! I didn't have a locker until I was in middle school. All I really remember about that was making sure I had the right locker and did the right combination. That was about all I could handle! In high school it became a meeting place. "I'll meet you at your locker!" It was the only way we knew where someone would be since it wasn't in the time of cell phones (I've just dated myself!). It was the place where I hoped J was waiting for me so we could walk to class together. It was also a place I didn't go to much because it was half way across the school!
Lockers are interesting things. I know this is only the beginning of what I will/could find hanging out of my kids' lockers when I pick them up at school as they get older!

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting, that four year olds have lockers. This hanging-out-of could be a whole picture book. It is fun to read. I loved that you thought fast enough to take the photos. I've heard former tales of old lunches, etc., but that is a junior high story. And I loved that little bit of nostalgic stuff, like "I'll meet you at your locker". It's what we did, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete