Sunday, December 12, 2010

Snowstorm, 2010

I ate my words yesterday. On Facebook I wrote something to the effect of, "Oh, Minnesota meteorologists...they like to hype up snow just like the rest of us. I'll believe the snow when I see it." Yup, I see it alright! It came during the night on Friday and didn't stop until last night. I've never seen so much snow! They compared it to the Halloween Blizzard of 1991. I remember that one because I was trick-or-treating during it and my dad had to come and get me from a friend's house. This one was very similar in size but I feel like the snow fell faster!

We attempted at going outside yesterday. We lasted all of five minutes. This is how far the sleds got.
This was A and C in the 5 minute period.
A was ready to go sledding but the winds were just incredible! C was in tears because of the wind and the snow-horizontal as you can see. At least we tried! It's too bad because there is about 20 inches of new snow but today the wind chills are about 20 to 30 degrees below zero. Too cold to play outside! Maybe tomorrow when the high is supposed to be 2 above. We'll see! All I know is there sure it a lot of snow. As C said to me yesterday, "Mommy, our 'King of the Mountain' hill is huge now! Daddy told me there is so much snow now!" I guess there will be a King of the Mountain game played...just a little later on this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment