Monday, December 6, 2010

Santa Claus is coming to town

This was one of my favorite songs as a kid. I loved the whole, "He sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake." It always seemed to work for me, because I remember always thinking about that and always going to bed like I was supposed to. Anyway...not the point.
The point is, that we went to see Santa tonight! As I prepped the kids for the visit this morning, A said to me, "Is it the Santa we saw at Bachman's?" Leave it to her to ask that question as a 4 year old. My response..."Well, no, that's not the Santa we're going to see. It's a different Santa. See, Santa needs lots of help during Christmas so he has lots of help!" She says, "Yeah. He does need lots of help. So the Santa we're going to see is the first Santa, right?" "Right, Honey. Yes, the first Santa."
Whew! Like I said, leave it to her-the always observant one, ever since they were little! We saw the same Santa again this year. He was joyful and cheerful as always. He asked the kids to help Mom and Dad around the house, brush their teeth, pick up their toys, get along with each other; he's very interactive with them! It really is nice because each group of kids gets a longer time that the usual Santa visit.
A asked Santa for a Barbie and a pink dinosaur and C asked for a teddy bear and a dinosaur. I'm pretty sure Santa will be able to fill those requests! J and I love taking the kids each year. It keeps us young, too! Merry Christmas, Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment