Sunday, December 12, 2010

Joy

There's joy in our house. Not just because it's Christmas, but also because we're a happy bunch! We have a Christmas decoration in our house that says, "Joy Joy." See?
So the kids have asked, "Mommy, what does that say?"
"Joy."
"What does joy mean?"
"It means that you're really happy!"
"Oh, ok."

Then yesterday C and I were downstairs-I was doing some picking up and C was in the back area playing. He was drawing on the whiteboard and he asks, "Mommy, can you help me? I need some help writing 'Joy.'"
"Sure, Buddy. I can help you."
So I walk over and see that he's written joy, but has the 'J' backwards. He told me it looked like a 'C' so we worked on it. Then I asked him what he drew. See what you think:
He said, "See Mommy. I drew Mickey Mouse. See? I drew him and then wrote 'Joy' because Mickey Mouse is always really happy. So that's why I wrote 'Joy!'" (Also, he clearly has joy himself because he found his first Christmas present wrapped under the tree...)

We surely have JOY in our house for many reasons this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment