Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's my birthday!

Yes, today is my birthday! It felt like a regular day, really, but special all at the same time. We started the day with cinnamon rolls (thanks J!) as a family. Nothing beats that. The kids each picked out their own present for me: a Kings of Leon CD was the choice of C-rock n' roll music from him, and from A it was jewelry-3 pairs of sparkly earrings-no surprise there, either! I love that the kids are able to pick out their own things that they think are perfect for us.

At school my kids greeted me with, "She's here! She's in the room! She's here!" Upon them coming into the room I was surrounded by hugging arms and smiles. I also had cards on my desk, a necklace, pictures and an apple. They really are so sweet. No other job could bring that kind of response, that's for sure. It was a good day to be at work.

The evening ended with dinner at Mom & Dad's-thanks Mom!! My favorite...chicken, cheese & stuffing. Of course there couldn't be a birthday dinner without birthday cake-chocolate and chocolate...teaching my children to take a lick of frosting before getting your piece of cake, too.

Lucky for me, Mom & Dad gave me some shopping money, so off we went to shop for a bit. I do love shopping...After some shopping we went to meet some friends for a birthday dessert. Yes, more dessert. I think I counted and I had a total of 5 different sweet treats. Enough already, right?! Yummy all the same.

But one of the best parts of the day was coming home with J and opening his birthday present. It was a cookbook (GASP!), a fleece coat and a photo shoot. Now those may seem like regular gifts, but there was definite thought that came into these presents. The photo shoot is what got me. It is a shoot with our friend, Emily. The note said, "Just you and me." I don't know why it got me, but it did. J kept asking me, "Are you ok?" as I had tears on my face. It was because it was just for the two of us. It is such a thoughtful gift-to think of just the two of us for something like that. I told him that what I was thinking about is that it's so much about being a mom or a teacher or a daughter. It's not so often that it's just the two of us thinking about just us. I love you, J, for thinking like that.

Another year, come and gone...Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment