Monday, September 13, 2010

Such a wonderful cause

Is that phrase used too much? Oh well if it is. Because Abbey's Hope is a wonderful cause. J & I went to the 3rd annual Abbey's Hope benefit dinner tonight. If you don't know Abbey's story, read on to find out more. It is an organization that we love to support and wish we could support more. This year they took it outside to have a "tent party." A huge white tent next to the golf course was the venue for tonight. There was food to be had, bids (silent auction and live auction items) to be made and dancing to be done. J & I enjoyed ourselves and loved hearing all of the things Abbey's Hope has been able to do over the course of the last year. Water safety is the key to their foundation...doing things to prevent accidents. As Katey said, (or something to this effect...) "I could get cancer tomorrow. But I can do something about keeping kids safe in the water today." This is so true. I think about it every time our own kids get in the water. When we were swimming in a pool this weekend I thought about it. I wondered where the drains were and if there were 2 drains. These are just a few of the things I think about from attending a few of the Abbey's Hope events. J & I will continue to support this organization as much as we are able...all in support of "Keeping Kids Safe."

No comments:

Post a Comment