Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Things to remember

On the 10 year anniversary of 9-11 I cut out some words I had found in the newspaper. It was something Macy's had put out in remembrance of that day. I was cleaning the chalkboard in the kitchen where I had the newspaper clipping to get ready for Christmas cards and decided I would post the words here. These words spoke to me that day and they still speak to me today. I hope you can take something from them too...

Hug your children
Spend the day with family
Think of an old friend
Wave to your neighbor
Go for a long walk
Light a candle
Share your thoughts
Take a moment for yourself
Be there for someone else
Watch the sunset
Look forward to sunrise


2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes! Thank you for those words. They're beautiful. I cut things out too that are inspiring & I guess it really shows how valuable words are to us. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a powerful collection of statements! Thanks for sharing them with the rest of us! I hope to do some of those things during these next few precious days off from school!

    ReplyDelete