Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Writing Challenge

So I got an email from a friend of mine who passed along a challenge:

Write EVERY DAY in the month of March.

Right. Write?

Who has the time? Didn't I just say last week that I was going to post every night because I was so far behind on my posts. Yeah. Didn't happen. But really, it shouldn't take more than 10-20 minutes to write something that I have on my mind. My trouble is that I wait until I've uploaded and edited my pictures and written all of my words just so; that's when I'm ready to put up my post. But see here, they give me permission JUST TO WRITE. That's it. Write. Don't make it pretty. Don't make it fancy. Just write.

If you've been following me since the beginning of this blog, you'll know that it was done as a part of a digital writing course. That was the main reason for starting it. Because I had to. Now it's turned into something more. It's definitely for me, J and my kids. I don't write for too many other reasons than to remember. Because I don't always remember. It started out as a place to write. That's what I plan to do in the month of March. Just write. Like "Just do it" by Nike. "Just write," By Me!

So here's to making a commitment to writing every day for the next month. My only question is this...can I count this as a part of my writing for the class I'm taking? Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment