Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I see grass! Can I play there?

Since I first wrote this post earlier in the week, we have almost no snow! Hooray! I'll have to update more pictures with less snow to show just how close we are to spring! Yes!

Spring is coming! At least I think it is. According to our kids, it is coming closer and closer. Their indicator is seeing grass. That's all I've heard for the last week. In fact, A just said the other day while we were in the car, "Hey! Mommy! I see grass! Can we play there?" Let it be known that we were on a freeway ramp and she saw the grass as we were going around. Do you think they're ready for spring? Well, look at this picture of C riding his bike:
This was the first day we went out last week without snowpants and boots for the first time before snow. I can't even remember the last time that was...November maybe? Who knows. But, you know winter still isn't over when, at the same time, A can be doing this:
Since these pictures were taken, we have been spending a lot of time outside riding bikes and scooters, with the option of putting boots and snowpants on well, not really an option at all! C is adamant about not wearing all of his snow gear. Let's just hope it doesn't snow again! I'm not sure that our kids will be turning back to winter again until next year. It's raining now, so I think that's a good sign. Maybe we'll be seeing more and more grass as the week goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment