Sunday, May 20, 2012

I think I'll move to Austrailia

You may remember the book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. In the story, everything goes wrong: gum stuck in his hair, squished in the middle in the back seat, nightlight burned out...you get the idea. After about every third page he says, "I think I'll move to Australia." That's a bit how I felt today.

It was one of those days with the kids. The kind where you feel like you repeat yourself a bajillion times and like you feel as if you're speaking alien, which you're sure your kids speak and you wonder why they don't understand what you're saying. The kind where the common sense of your children is out the window; as if it doesn't exist. The kind where you try time outs, you try raising your voice, you try ignoring them, you try being kind and calm with them, you try taking things away from them, you try, you try, you try. And nothing works. That's the kind of day J and I had with A & C. Frustrating.

And then, I'm in the middle of making a pasta salad for the teacher luncheon tomorrow at their school and I put the cheese in before the noodles had cooled off completely and now the cheese is melting and sticking together. 

Seriously. 

I think I'll move to Australia. 

But, even there (as the book tells us), as J tells me, people have hard days too. At least I have him...and the two trouble makers. I know tomorrow will be better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment