Wednesday, May 2, 2012

the girl who could do whatever she wanted to & giant ants

This week has been an odd one for C. He's woken up 2 times in the middle of the night, made his way upstairs and snuggled in, soon followed by, "I had a bad dream!"

Dream 1:
There was this girl. And she was in our house. And she could do whatever she wanted to!
Like what?
Well, she could take whatever food she wanted to take. And she played with whatever toys she wanted to play with.
Did she do anything to you?
No, but I was still scared.
Ok, well, she's gone now.
I know, Mommy.

Dream 2:
Well, it was the first day we were in Florida. And we were playing on the beach. I was building a sandcastle and all of a sudden 5 huge ants came and carried me away.
How did they carry you away, Buddy?
They were giant, Mommy! They had jumpers on their legs so they could go really high!
I'm glad it wasn't a real dream. It's over now, so you don't have to be worried.
Yeah. I just want to snuggle you and Daddy for a little while (at 1:15 AM!).
Ok, just for a little bit.

The dreams of a 5-year-old boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment