Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Ride your bike!


That's what we did today. We rode our bikes. But not just around the neighborhood. We rode them to school! It was national ride your bike or walk to school day. What a great thing to do! It was a big deal where I teach. Over 300 kids participated. There was the Wellness Committee waiting with stickers and oranges to give to the kids and adults participating.

My own kids rode their bikes to school too. We got there are hadn't realized that the bike rack wasn't even out yet! We had to lock our bikes up against the fence. I even considered leaving them by a tree without locking, but we were advised not to.

But here you'll see locks weren't really an issue.

There were so many bikes EVERYWHERE! Love it. I think we're going to try and do this once a week until school's out. Doable, I think. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment