Saturday, April 27, 2013

Rough and Tumble

Those could be the nicknames for our kids today!

A & C had a birthday party for an old neighbor who turned 7 today. The party was a Twins party (fitting), so all of the kids wore their Twins gear, brought their glove, and they played a little baseball. They also brought their scooters to ride around the driveway and cul-de-sac. Fun party!

We dropped the kids off, talked to the parents, said our goodbyes and were just about out the door when I see C on the grass, off of a bike he has borrowed. I dash outside..."Are you ok, Buddy?" "Yup. I fell of the bike! Thank goodness it was in the grass." I look down. "And you tore your shirt! Must have been a good fall!" He's ok-I go back in to finish the goodbye, and A comes in...

"I fell off my scooter! I'm all bloody!" Yes, she was. Both knees had blood dripping down them and hands were scuffed up a bit too. This is our first skid of the season, seeing how we had snow covering the ground on Tuesday. It's Saturday. She was one brave girl as we cleaned out her wounds, put on some ointment, and bandaged her up. She was off and riding her scooter (slowly) again in the driveway before we left.

So there you have it...Rough and Tumble. I suppose it would be the other way around, being the way I wrote it...C was Tumble and A was Rough. But you get the idea.

I'm sure this won't be the last time this year! Being that they're basically not afraid of much anymore. Let the season begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment