Sunday, May 11, 2014

on being a mom

Being a mom is
great
wonderful
priceless.
Being a mom is
tiring
hard
time-consuming.
Being a mom is
rewarding
joyous
never-ending.
Being a mom is all of these things wrapped into one. Before I was a mom I don't think I got it. In fact, I'm pretty sure I didn't. I just thought it was the next step. Then came the babies and that "baby stage" that wasn't my favorite either. It was hard. And tiring. And time-consuming. But then things clicked. I "got it."
I began to understand why I was picked to be a mom. I knew because of the sleepless nights. I knew because of the "Mommy!"'s all through the day. I knew because I couldn't go without having joy because of the littlest things my kids did, be it finding dandelions and bringing them to me, be it running to me when they were hurt, or be it the drawings or little notes they left me in the house. Those were the reasons I knew I was picked to "do" this thing called motherhood.
I think about my own mom…all the time…but today more than usual. I think about all she did for me and all she taught me. I think about how I use everything she taught me as I'm trying to be the best mom I can be now. Moms really are right. ALL. THE. TIME. That's what I know about mine. I also know she is strong. She is brave. She is everything I hope to be as I "grow up" to be like her. Because that's what we want to be…just like our moms.
Being a mom is
never what I thought it would be
better than I ever expected it to be
something I am so privileged to be to A & C.
Happy Mommy's Day to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. The world is a better place with mom's like you. Hope you had an amazing mother's day.

    ReplyDelete